GOA KONKANI AKADEMI
(Estd. By Govt. of Goa)
Konkani is the language of
the people pf Goa and also the Official language of this State. Its development
in all fields is essential for the all round progress of people of the State.
The Government of Goa was keenly desirous of bringing about speedy development
of Konkani language, literature and culture for promoting the cultural unity of
Goa as a whole through the medium of Konkani language and literature. Therefore,
Goa Konkani Akademi to achieve the above objectives, was established by the
government in 1986.
Headquarter of the Goa Konkani Akademi is, at present, at the following address:
Patto Colony, Panaji-Goa 403 001
Ph.:0832 � 2437385 Tele Fax: 0832 � 2437387 / 2437920
Konkani Akademi is an autonomous society registered under Societies Registration
Act of 1890 and ha jurisdiction over the whole State of Goa.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :
The Akademi aims at bringing about speedy development of the Konkani language, Literature and Culture and also at promoting Cultural unity of this state through the Konkani language and Literature.
The Akademi for the attainment of the above aims and objectives, shall have the following functions:
1. To initiate, assist or undertake implementation of projects or schemes of research in the field of Konkani language, literature and culture.
2. To initiate, assist or undertake publication in Konkani language, the results of such research.
3. To initiate, assist or undertake publication in Konkani language of original and erudite papers, monographs, books, journal, as also of any other works in any other branch of
4. To initiate, assist or undertake schemes of preparation and publication in Konkani language of reference literature, such as bibliographies, encyclopedias, dictionaries etc.
5. To initiate, assist or undertake preparation and publication of translation in Konkani language or classical or any other literary work of outstanding nature from various Indian and foreign
6. To initiate, assist or undertake schemes for editing, translating and publishing in Konkani language relevant source material, which will have direct or indirect bearing on the history and culture of
7. To initiate, assist or undertake schemes for the preparation and publication of socio-political, cultural and literary history of
8. To find out and examine new avenues for carrying out research in any field of knowledge with a view to promoting the development of Konkani language and
9. To provide financial assistance to writers and scholars for publication of their works in/or about Konkani language.
10. To provide financial assistance to literary and cultural institutions for their activities in the field of Konkani language, literature and
11. To initiate, assist or organise seminars, conferences, symposia or exhibitions for the encouragement of Konkani language, literature and
12. To provide books or magazines in Konkani language to the libraries and public reading
13. To give awards for excellence in studies and research in different branches of Konkani language, literature and
14. to offer fellowships and scholarships to deserving scholars and students in the field of Konkani language, literature and
15. To encourage the use of Konkani language in all walks of life in the state of
16. To promote the teaching and study of Konkani language, literature and culture in the State of
17. To develop linguistic, literary and cultural exchange programmes with the institutions in other parts of the country, having similar aims, objectives and activities;
18. To keep the government of Goa informed, from time to time of the achievements of the Akademi and the activities undertaken by it or any other institution or individuals aided by the
19. To assist and advise the Government of Goa in formulating its policies in the matter of the development of the Konkani language, literature and culture and in assisting it in their